Monday, September 10, 2012

Pre-wedding Celebrations!



My best friend, Mackenzie, is getting married this week! So exciting! She's having the ceremony on a pier (so romantic!), and then a party in her parents' huge backyard.  It's going to be the best time, I just know it!

This past weekend, we threw her a bachelorette party. Now, Mackenzie is a no-fuss girl, so it was a bit tricky figuring out the best thing to do.  We ended up doing a wine tasting at a local wine bar called V-NO, followed by a little party at my place around the corner, and then out for dancing and drinks! Although planning it was difficult, I think it couldn't have been more fun.

More about V-NO. The day before, we chose the wines we would be tasting. I'm no wino, so I was completely clueless! We ended up choosing a champagne, a white, and two reds.  Just the right amount, I thought! We also had truffles with the champagne, and then some cheese, charcuterie, and hummus plates.  The pâté was my favorite! And the champagne.

And now, some photos!

Mackenzie with her mom and sister. I made her a star garland out of this and gold ribbon!

Truffles and Champagne

Yum!

The last wine we tasted.
Dinner at my house after the tasting.

Someone was being anti-social...
This was our "signature cocktail" - it's called The Red and the Black (in honor of Mackenzie's red hair!). Shannon found the recipe (here). It was a good choice!
Obligatory bachelorette cake.

And out for some fun!
Kenzie is the best!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to know about party rental buses. I am going to plan my pre-wedding at one of NYC wedding venues. Have already made amazing plans for the day. Just need to figure them out in the best way. Very excited for it.

    ReplyDelete