Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Project: Tie Dying


This weekend... 

...I did some tie dying!

My dear friend Molly is expecting her first baby in December! A girl!  I'm so excited to be an "aunt", and of course have been making gifts. Molly lives in Nice, France with her husband, Fabrice, and I've been mentally putting together a package to send her. The first thing that came to mind was tie dyed onesies! So on Saturday, I had Mackenzie over (she, Molly, and I have been best friends since we were little) to dye.


Stuff I used: I've been collecting white onesies for the project: at first, I bought some of these, but then realized I could get them for much cheaper at the thrift store! I frequent the Value Village in Brooklyn Park (this one). They have 25% off of everything on Mondays and Thursdays (you need a special card on Thursdays, but it's free), so the onesies are about $0.75 each there. I used a tie dye kit, just for the ease; I would like to try making my own dyes sometime, though!




I really like them! Hopefully they don't fade too much when I wash them! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment